Tartar is a by-product of wine. When grape juice is fermented in barrels to make wine, a residue is left behind. This substance is purified and turned into a white powder known as cream tartar. In baking it is used to stabilize the egg white and prevent the formation of sugar crystals.
- Soothes arthritis. Mix orange, lemon, grapefruit, Epsom salts and water with the tartar cream.
- Urinary tract infection. To get rid of the infection, mix 1½ teaspoon tartar cream in 1 cup of hot water. Add a squeezed lemon or lime for extra vitamin C. Drink this mixture 1 or 2 times a day.
- Smoking cessation. Mix ½ a teaspoon of tartar cream with ½ a glass of orange juice and drink it before going to bed for a month. This is because the vitamin C in orange juice works along with the potassium in tartar cream to flush out toxins and boost the immune system.
- For heartburn. Mix ½ Teaspoon of tartar cream and ½ teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Once you feel heartburn, drink 1 teaspoon of this mixture.
- For acne. Put 1 tablespoon tartar cream in 1 glass of water and drink it. Within a month, you will notice fewer acne breakouts and generally much clearer skin.
- Prevents the formation of gallstones. In a jar mix the juice of 6 lemons with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts and 3 tablespoons cream. Fill the rest with water and keep it in the refrigerator. Drink a small glass of this mixture every night.
- Cures bacterial infections. Bacterial infections can occur anywhere on the body and usually manifest symptoms such as inflammation, swelling and fever. If you have a bacterial infection, drink ½ teaspoon of cream mixed with ½ cup of warm water. This treatment makes your body alkaline and creates a hostile environment for bacteria.
- It lowers high blood pressure. If you are potassium deficient, you are more likely to experience high blood pressure. If this happens, then consuming 1 tablespoon of tartar cream mixed with water can help you a lot. A blood test at your doctor will tell you if you have low potassium or not.