Salep is a mixture produced by various species of orchids, after we dry their roots, we grind them into a powder with a light beige color.
It has a pleasant floral aroma and sweet taste.
- It is warming, emollient and relieves cough and asthma.
- It has a healing effect on stomach ulcers and gastrointestinal tract, helps with stomach pain and in case of intestinal discomfort and diarrhea.
- It strengthens and stimulates the body, especially in cases of flu and helps in fast recovery.
- Helps regulate sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides.
- It is aphrodisiac.
- Dispels stress and tension.
How to use: Used in ice creams and sweets. As a drink, boil 1 teaspoon of salep in water or milk and add if you want honey, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.