Sesame seeds come from the plant Sesamum indicum which thrives in Asia, Africa and South America.
It contains protein, vegetable fibers and healthy fats, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin E and antioxidants. It has a high nutritional value as it is a complete food containing all 3 groups of macronutrients as well as an abundance of vitamins and trace elements.
It is an excellent source of copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and fiber.
- Regulates cholesterol.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- It contributes to the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- It has an anti-cancer effect.
- It is an antioxidant.
- Prevents mutations in cells.
- Prevents liver damage.
- It is antimicrobial.
- Protects against knee osteoarthritis pain and symptoms.
- It reduces the risk of causing muscle injuries.