Chia Seeds - Organic Product
Chia seeds are the fruit of the salvia hispanica plant, which is commonly grown in South America. Chia seeds have traditionally been part of the Aztec and Mayan diet.
Chia seeds are small ovals of various colors (brown, black, white and gray), which are highly hydrophilic. Thanks to the above property when they come in contact with water they create a sticky gel.
- They help in weight loss and sculpting. They are rich in fiber, absorb a lot of water and expand, thus reducing the feeling of hunger. At the same time, fiber along with protein and complex carbohydrates slow down the process of digestion and regulate blood sugar levels, so you feel full for a longer period of time. Thanks to their high protein content, it is a must for those who work out and do not want to take protein supplements to increase their muscle mass.
- They give more energy, their hydrophilic properties help regulate electrolytes and the complex carbohydrates they contain "break down" gradually maintaining energy levels, improving endurance and performance.
- They protect the heart and lower cholesterol, are rich in omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids - which have a beneficial effect on heart health. In addition, in combination with the linoleic acid they contain, fiber and antioxidants reduce bad cholesterol and triglycerides, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
- The glycemic index of chia seeds is very low, they do not raise blood sugar levels so the craving for foods rich in sugar is reduced.
- They help the proper functioning of the digestive system due to the fiber they contain. They help the proper functioning of the colon, helping to prevent constipation and digestive disorders.
How to use: They can be eaten raw, baked, ground, mixed with water or yogurt, in smoothies, cakes, muffins, cookies, crackers, bread, and even in sauces. The recommended amount is about 1 - 1 ½ . Tablespoon per day.