Poppy seed comes from the poppy that people have used for centuries as a medicine. It does not have the same opiate properties as poppy, but it has many health benefits.
It is rich in fiber, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids and nutrients such as magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, calcium, potassium, oleic and linoleic acid, thiamine, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, niacin, acid.
- Helps reduce stress and improves the quality and duration of sleep.
- It helps the proper functioning of the brain, memory, concentration and reduces the risk of diseases such as dementia.
- It lowers bad cholesterol levels and keeps good cholesterol high, lowers blood pressure levels, contributes to good heart health and reduces the chances of heart attack.
- It helps digestion, increases the absorption of nutrients from food and fights constipation.
- Enhances overall bone health, helps produce collagen and protects bones from damage.
- Reduces inflammation in the skin, infections in the scalp and promotes the overall health of the skin and hair. It is effective in treating eczema and burns. Poppy seed cream helps treat acne.
- Soothes the nervous system and acts as a painkiller.
How to use: They can be eaten raw as a snack or we can put 1-2 teaspoons in smoothies, soups, cooked foods, hot or cold cereals, salads and sandwiches.