Plums are sweet fruits with a dark brown color and belong to the same family as peaches and apple trees. It is rich in fiber, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, sodium, zinc and magnesium, vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, thiamine, vitamin A and vitamin K.
No sugar has been used to preserve them and the whole process has been done osmotically. This results in the preservation of nutrients and flavor as well as longer shelf life of the product.
- They have a laxative effect and relieve constipation and intestinal disorders.
- They strengthen the bones and fight osteoporosis.
- They are rich in iron, which makes them an extremely useful supplement for people suffering from anemia.
- Reduce allergic reactions from seasonal allergies.
- They promote healthy weight gain in obese people.
- A snack with plums gives a lot of energy and that is why athletes tend to eat them before training or engaging in activities that require high energy levels.
- They help the healthy functioning of the nervous system.
- They promote heart health and reduce the risks associated with heart disease and stroke.
- They lower blood cholesterol levels.
- They enhance sexual health, increase sexual stamina and reduce male infertility as they increase sperm motility.
- They reduce the risk of cancer in the abdomen and eliminate harmful pathogens in the digestive system.
How to use: They can be eaten raw as a snack or in salads, pies, jams, muffins, cakes, ice cream. They are also used in cooking in recipes with pork and poultry.