The witch hazel is a large shrub or tree (since its height ranges from 3 to 8 meters). Its leaves are used to make tea drinks, cosmetics, essential oil and flower water.
- It is a good tonic for the digestive system and is administered for stomach ulcers, colic, mucous or bloody stools and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Reduces inflammation and acts as an astringent, so it is used to treat sore throats, colds, fever, tuberculosis.
- Externally it is effective in relieving varicose veins, hemorrhoids, insect bites, acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Improves the texture of the skin, acts against aging and the appearance of wrinkles.
- Used for eye washes in infections, reduces dark circles under the eyes.
- It acts as an astringent, causing your tissues to contract to shrink pores, while relieving our skin from inflammation. In this way, it prevents bacteria from affecting your skin.
- Relieves sensitivity in the scalp and helps in cases of subcutaneous dermatitis, dry skin and dandruff.
How to use: Put 1-2 teaspoons in a cup of hot water for 8-10 minutes. Strain and add if you wish sugar, honey or any sweetener of your choice.