The Latin name of the herb is Verbena Officinalis (Verbena the medicinal).
The name Vervena that the plant has creates many confusions with the plant Salvia Sclarea to which the name Verbena is incorrectly attributed. Also not to be confused with Louisa (Lippia citriodora) to which the name Verbena is incorrectly attributed due to the English name of the plant which is Lemon Verbena.
- Relieves headaches and migraines, soothes nervous tension, stimulates the nervous system, helps with depression and hysteria.
- It is effective for bile and liver problems.
- Helps with fever, regulate menstruation and increase lactation.
- At the time of birth it can help because it stimulates the contractions of the uterus.
- It is digestive, diuretic, detoxifying the liver and spleen. Helps with kidney stones.
- Externally it is used for the treatment of light wounds, muscle and rheumatic pains, wounds, eczema, pimples, itching, neuralgia but also for gum diseases.
How to use: Put 1 teaspoon in a cup of hot water for 6-8 minutes. Strain and add if you wish sugar, honey or any sweetener of your choice.