Veronica is a herbaceous, perennial plant that originated in Britain and grows in wet areas, while it is very popular in ornamental gardens. The leaves are ovate, toothed with a short stem, light green.
Contains organic acids, acetic, malic, lactic and tartaric acid, tannin, mannitol, sugar and essential oil.
- It is recommended for respiratory problems, such as bronchial asthma, phlegm, flu, cough and accumulation of fluid in the respiratory tract.
- It is a diuretic and is used for urinary problems, such as kidney and bladder stones, inflammation in the urinary tract.
- It is used to relieve congestion of the liver and inflammation of the gallbladder (cholecystitis).
- Ideal for gastrointestinal discomfort, otitis, joint and muscle pain, blood cleansing and lowering blood cholesterol.
- Externally it is administered in the form of compresses on open wounds, eye inflammations, various skin diseases, burns but also against itching.
How to use: Put 1 teaspoon in a cup of hot water for 6-8 minutes. Strain and add if you want sugar, honey or any sweetener of your choice.