Rockrose or cistus, is a shrub that grows mainly in the dry and rocky landscapes of the Mediterranean and especially in Greece. It has been known since antiquity and there are references even in mythology for its properties.
It produces a resin, known as labdanum, which was famous throughout the Mediterranean as a cosmetic.
- It is beneficial for the immune system as only one cup of tea a day is able to significantly stimulate the immune system.
- It helps in many fungal infections such as mycosis, candida albicans, but also in other harmful microorganisms such as coliform bacteria and H. pylori.
- It protects the heart 4 times more than red wine and is 20 times more powerful antioxidant than fresh lemon juice.
- Detoxifies the body and eliminates toxic heavy metals.
- It has a strong antiviral effect on influenza viruses and avian viruses, but without damaging the body cells affected by the virus. It reduces the symptoms of bronchitis, and is analgesic.
- Fights premature aging.
- Relieves stomach and intestinal problems and acts against obesity.
- Fights chronic fatigue and lack of energy.
- Helps in case of gingivitis.
- Improves bone density.
- Restores the intestinal flora.
- It is effective in cases of warts and herpes.
- Externally, it significantly helps the skin by offering a healthier texture. Very effective in problems of acne, neurodermatitis, itching and irritated skin.
How to use: Put 1-2 teaspoons in a cup of warm water for 6-8 minutes. Strain and add if you wish sugar, honey or any sweetener of your choice.