Pokeweed is a toxic plant but also has therapeutic properties, which is why it is used in therapeutic botany but after appropriate processing, so as not to cause serious side effects.
- It is considered a cure for upper respiratory tract infections because it stops runny noses and helps clean the lymph glands.
- It can be used for catarrh, tonsillitis, laryngitis, swelling of the glands, mumps, etc.
- It is also valuable for lymphatic problems that occur in other parts of the body, especially mastitis, so it can be used internally and externally as a poultice.
- It is useful in rheumatism, especially when it is chronic.
- Externally, it can be used to rid the skin of scabies and other parasites.
How to use: Put ¼ to ½ teaspoon in a pot of water and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Strain and add, if desired, sugar, honey or any sweetener of your choice.
Caution! Do not consume during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It requires caution in use and in small quantities for a period of up to 2 weeks. Not to be consumed by children.