Mountain tea (sideritis) is a very popular herb especially in the winter months. In Greece we find 16 recognized species of siderite, with the best known of Olympus, the wider Balkan Peninsula, Taygetos and Crete where it is also known as malotira.
- It is an antimicrobial, strengthens the body and works against colds. Contains many essential oils with antimicrobial properties such as carvacrol.
- It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anxiolytic action. These properties are due to glycosides of apigenin.
- Fights stress without the side effects of other herbal remedies.
- Ideal aid to the digestive system. It is used to enhance the health of the digestive system and relieve indigestion and stomach pain, helps reduce inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, due to its content of phenols and antioxidants.
- Ideal for hypertension as it dilates and relaxes blood vessels, resulting in lowering blood pressure levels and reducing stress on the heart muscle. There are important indications that mountain tea can help boost cardiovascular health.
- It helps against osteoporosis, as it protects against the loss of bone density and strengthens the mechanical strength of bones.
- It has unique beneficial properties that act against Alzheimer's disease.
- It acts against anemia since it has iron.
- It is a diuretic and helps the proper functioning of the kidneys
How to use: Pour 1 teaspoon of mountain tea in a cup of hot water for 6-8 minutes, drain and drink. We can drink it 1-2 times a day.