Μarigold, has bright yellow or orange flowers that look like daisies. It has been known for centuries since it was used by the Romans, Arabs and Hindus as a medicinal herb, but also as an ingredient in food, cosmetics and fabrics.
Marigold contains saponins, carotenoids, sterols, flavonoids and essential oils.
- It is used to treat digestive inflammations and gastric or duodenal ulcers. Promotes the release of bile from the gallbladder.
- It is a diuretic and is used to detoxify the body.
- Helps strengthen the immune system.
- Relieves menstrual cramps & reduces menopausal symptoms.
- Externally applied to the skin to reduce pain and swelling. It is used to treat wounds, ulcers, hemorrhoids, muscle spasms, joint pain, conjunctivitis and varicose veins. Helps stimulate collagen production and wound healing.
How to use: Put 1-2 teaspoons in a cup of warm water for 6-8 minutes. Strain and add if you wish sugar, honey or any sweetener of your choice.
Caution! Do not consume during pregnancy or breastfeeding. May cause an allergic reaction in cases of sensitivity to daisies.