Hops, in addition to giving flavor to beer, also offer health benefits. An essential ingredient in beer brewing for over 1,000 years, hops have been used medicinally since medieval times.
- It helps to deal with insomnia, and to regulate the functioning of the nervous system.
- It is particularly relaxing and anti-anxiety and its use is also indicated as a natural sedative in panic situations, bouts of intense stress and nervousness.
- It has antispasmodic properties which help to treat many forms of asthma.
- It protects against skin infections and is suitable for treating chronic skin problems and ulcers.
- It treats intestinal problems, fights anorexia as a natural appetizer, but also indigestion as a digestive, while the use of the leaves promotes diuresis.
- It has estrogenic properties, works beneficially for the female body, helps to regulate the cycle, in cases of dysmenorrhea and also during menopause.
- It stimulates and promotes the proper functioning of the circulatory system.
How to use: Put 1 teaspoon in a mug of hot water for 6-8 minutes. Strain and add, if desired, sugar, honey or any sweetener of your choice.
Caution! Taking large amounts of hops, along with alcohol or sedatives, can cause excessive drowsiness. It should not be used by people suffering from depression of any kind.