Germander is a plant found in Crete at an altitude of over 900 meters, mainly in the White Mountains and Psiloritis.
It almost disappeared from Crete during the German occupation, because the soldiers picked it up in batches and drank its decoction instead of tea.
- Helps in infections of the respiratory system, bronchitis, pharyngitis, colds, flu, coughs, fevers.
- It is a good tonic for the digestive system and is administered for stomach and duodenal ulcers, stimulates the appetite, gallbladder, kidneys and helps digestion.
- Used to control blood sugar and cholesterol.
- It is a diuretic and helps treat gout and kidney health.
- It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action.
How to use: Put 1-2 teaspoons in a cup of warm water for 6-8 minutes. Strain and add if you wish sugar, honey or any sweetener of your choice.
Caution! Do not consume for more than 2 weeks.