Thyme is used in cooking in many cuisines around the world and especially in the Mediterranean. Its taste is strong and slightly caustic.
- Tonic for the immune system in chronic infections.
- It is a natural remedy for cough, bronchitis, sore throats, laryngitis, asthma, inflammation of the mouth and throat infections.
- Helps regulate blood pressure and the formation of red blood cells.
- Ideal for treating the symptoms of inflammation and cell oxidation.
- Helps intestinal function and soothes bloating.
- Helps fight atony and stress.
- It is rich in B vitamins, vitamin A, vitamin C and folic acid.
- It is very rich in iron, calcium and potassium.
Thyme goes well with meats, baked potatoes, village salad, recipes with tomato sauce and wine, in recipes with feta or raw olive oil.