The Bitter Wood or Quassia belongs to the Simaroubaceae family and is a shrub that reaches 3 meters in height, while its leaves are long and winged.
It has a particularly bitter taste but also special healing properties.
- It reduces the levels of blood sugar and bad cholesterol in the blood and cleans it.
- It increases the secretion of stomach acids and bile secretions, which enhances the body's natural digestive effects and attacks bacteria, parasites, worms and fungi.
- It helps in cases of anorexia nervosa, indigestion and constipation.
- It increases the elasticity of blood vessels and extends the lifespan of the pancreas.
- It helps against the appearance of gastrointestinal ulcers.
How to use: Put 1 teaspoon in a pot of water and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Strain and add, if desired, sugar, honey or any sweetener of your choice.
Caution! Long-term use should be avoided. Do not consume during pregnancy.